Thursday, February 7, 2013

Tutorial: Envelope Pillow Cover


Have a pillow on the couch you hate lookin at? Or want to add some to a chair in your reading nook, but can't find the perfect one? You can make any pillow your own by adding a simple pillow cover to it! Here is what you'll need:


A pillow or pillow form {you can find these at any craft store}
Fabric 

Here are the basic measurements for all standard pillow sizes:


12″ Pillow – Fabric 12″ by 28″
14″ Pillow – Fabric 14″ by 32″
16″ Pillow – Fabric 16″ by 36″
18″ Pillow – Fabric 18″ by 40″

If you have a pillow that is a different measurement you will need to do a little math:

Cut width to width of pillow size and length will be double pillow length + 3 for overlap in back + 1 inch for seam allowance on edges.

Procedure:



Press both short edges in 1/2"


Sew across 


With right sides together, fold fabric in toward the middle on both edges having them overlap 3"


Sew along raw edges


Turn pillow cover right side out and poke out the corners


Stuff with pillow and admire!


This one is going in our bedroom when our redo is complete!


PostSig

Pin It!

8 comments:

  1. I love LOVE that fabric! Thank you for hopping on board The Great Blog Train! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute...amazing fabric! Xoxo Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a new follower of The GFC Collective. I'm looking forward for you to follow back and I'll certainly be coming here for more of your future posts :)

    Blogging will be so much fun with all the virtual friends around. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That fabric is to die for! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seriously adorable, Ashley! Love!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so cute, I really need to learn to sew! love your blog so glad I found it through Friday bloghop!

    new follower on gfc and bloglovin :)

    www.nateandmaryclaire.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooooo I love making envelope pillowcases -- It makes it so easy to change things up on the cheap. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! I try to get back to everyone who leaves me some love, too. May take a while, but I'll get to it! XO