Sunday, December 30, 2012

Bry's Stories

I was chatting with my daughter earlier tonight about how many blog views I had. She was super interested in how many people look at my blog each day and how many people leave comments - it was really neat to see her all excited about something like that. She's a very creative being, owning her own Etsy shop {which includes making everything for it as well as supervised time in listing items} and at art shows that she has been in {which is more than me I might add} she is very good at selling herself and her crafts. When we helped her start a blog a couple years ago I didn't think she would keep up with it much. She hasn't. But recently she has kind of shown a little more interest and I think tonight really sunk in that she wants to be a blogger.
She asked me how many people follow her so we looked up her blog and saw that she had three whole followers. I was excited about this myself because two of them weren't even me! When she saw '3' she kinda sunk down and said 'but you have thousands'. Awe, she thought I had thousands of followers! In reality, I don't. I currently have 64 and I love those 64 to pieces. When I explained that I had thousands of views and not followers that made her feel a bit better. But then she looked at me and said 'I want thousands too.' I asked her 'really?' and she replied 'yep; just not as serious as you mom. I can't stay up until 1:30am {ahem... note the time this was published} blogging, though and I definitely can't do it every day either. I have homework.' This is true; school work before blogging always. So she asked me if I would help design her blog, which translated into 'mom, will you, by yourself, design my blog'. Of course she let me know she definitely wanted hearts and she needed there to be blue and to make it a little fancy. So for the past hour I have been looking up free blogger templates and came across this cute little site that offered free blogwear. I hopped on her blogger with her and showed her each step in uploading the background, header, etc. She even has a cute new lil' favicon! I busted out a .png frame file and did up a cute signature and now she is ready to rock and roll! She went to bed before I was able to finish it up, but here is her new blog look:






Cute, right? She hasn't seen it yet so mid morning I am going to surprise her. But I would really love it, and she would too, to see at least 10 people following her. She promises to blog more and have interesting things to talk about. She also said she will post a photo or two so you won't get 'bored'. I'm not just requesting this because she is my daughter, I'm doing it because she isn't one of those people that gets super passionate about a ton of things. So when she is passionate about something, she puts her whole heart in to it. She may not be up to our reading/writing level, but she is a tween who will talk about current things as well as some artsy fartsy stuff. Plus, who knows; when she gets to be our age, she might be beyond a well established blogger if thats what she really wants. Thanks friends for your support! Not just in me, but in Bry too. 

You can read Bry's Stories here


PostSig

Pin It!

12 comments:

  1. hey nice story.. I impressed how you sharing and motivated your daughter ^^
    Actually I'm using those template too since I made my beauty blog, but I didn't change anything xD

    I'm following your daughter's blog too ^^
    beautyfoodlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so sweet of you! It's both exciting and gratifying to help others meet up with their dreams!
    The blog design looks great and I love the signature you created! I'm off to follow Bry's blog and scope out the site you used :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute! I just started following you, and now Bry too :)

    I'm still learning "blogger" things even a year and half later! She is lucky to have a Mom like you to show her the ropes and help her get started!

    I'd like to invite you to join our weekly Sunday and Monday Meet & Greet Blog Hop - Come link up and join the fun if you have time this weekend :)

    http://createdbylaurie.blogspot.com/2012/12/sunday-monday-meet-greet-blog-hop_29.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. New follower from the GFC Blog Hop

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely story! New follower from the blog hop! Thanks for hosting!
    Brittney
    http://beautybybrittney02.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there here from the Blog Hop! New follower. You can find me at http://theresmagicoutthere.blogspot.com/ Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can relate to Bry's daughter! I found you through the blog hop and I'm your newest follower. I would love it if you have time to visit my bog and return the follow if you like what you see. I'm trying to reach my first 50 followers by the new year and I'm Sooo close!

    Thanks for hosting!
    Mary Beth
    www.beingathomebynature.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so cute! How creative your daughter is! I'm a new follower from the GFC collective!

    Tiffany
    www.littlegems3.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Am going to head over and check out her blog.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Followed your daughter! WTG Mama, on helping to inspire her!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I was about Bry's age when I first started blogging. It didn't last long for me because I lost interest after a month or so without followers. I made sure to follow Bry so that the same doesn't happen to her, but here I am at 19 giving it another go, so I guess it's proof that if writing is what you love, you will always come back to it :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! I try to get back to everyone who leaves me some love, too. May take a while, but I'll get to it! XO