Monday, March 11, 2013

A Little Bloggy Break

This past week has been very rough for our household and for my daughter in particular. She has been bullied at school all of this year and this past week has been the worst. The school isn't doing anything about it or handling it in a way that corrects the problem and has actually indirectly implied that it is my daughter's problem {are you kidding me??}. Because they refuse to accept that it is bullying and honoring the zero tolerance code in the school handbook I have to protect her myself and do what I can to make sure this is handled and taken care of properly. 

Since this has been emotionally and mentally trying for us and I need to focus on my family right now, I will be taking a small break from blogging here, at B.You and my personal blog A Fox & A Wolf. My thoughts are a thousand miles away from here right now and I want to be able to give you all the best of me; I just can't at the moment. 

I will still be posting on IG and of course giving my sponsors love and the occasional random tweet, so don't fear.. I'm still here. Just focusing on what is most important at the moment. I am currently preparing a whole post on bullying for A Fox & A Wolf so look for that next week! 

Thank you all for your understanding. Lots of prayers and support welcome for Bry; she's better now, but still dealing. I just want her to feel safe and know that people care a great deal for her. Thank you!

PostSig

Pin It!

14 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear about the bullying :( You need to do what you need to do for your family!!! I hope you guys get it figured out & your daughter is OK!!! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for understanding! We are working on getting her feeling safe so I hope that things clear up soon and can be resolved.

      Delete
  2. That is absolutely absurd that the school refuses to do anything! I hope you're able to fix things on their behalf. I'm sorry your daughter has to go through that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are working on her self-esteem and confidence at home and she knows that she can come to me with anything, which I am s thankful that she does! Also going through some actions she can take that can help her if they bother her again. Keeping my fingers crossed that district emails me back soon or calls!

      Delete
  3. Praying for your daughter during a tough time. I'm sorry to hear that the school is not being proactive in this situation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Go to District girl. Keep a paper trail and don't let it go. Praying for you guys.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hun! I emailed district.. still waiting to hear back.

      Delete
  5. Ashley,

    I am a new follower. I am chevron-obsessed so I was so excited when I read the name of your blog. I'm studying to be a school counselor so very sad to read that your daughter is being bullied. If there is anything I can do to help, please email me at adventurestorememberblog@gmail.com, and if you haven't already, check your state laws re: bullying. Your school district should have info. on their website as well about what their policy/procedure is. I know in my district, the first time it is reported, there is no longer a "slap on the wrist" and direct action is taken immediately. Hope this helps, praying for your little lady.

    Angela

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sooooo much! Its just so sad that there is absolutely no action being taken other than telling the kids what not to do next time. No consequences what-so-ever! It's ridiculous! Im saving your email if I need some advice or someone to cry to!

      Delete
  6. Aww, bullying is no good! Your daughter is going to come out of this strong, proud, and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. best of luck for all your family, we'll be waiting for you to come back with more positive news! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kotryna! I'm currently writing up a post about bullying on my personal blog A Fox & A Wolf and should have it up later this week or by the weekend!

      Delete
  8. I'm so sorry to hear this about your daughter :( I hope you are able to get it all worked out, and stopped.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! No news yet on what the school is doing so all I can do is work with her outside of school on how to feel better about herself. Silly kids... just be kids! And not be mean!

      Delete

I love reading your comments! I try to get back to everyone who leaves me some love, too. May take a while, but I'll get to it! XO