Monday, December 31, 2012

Hello Monday

What a lovely Monday! I would have posted sooner, but we had some last minute fun come our way. We ended up going to the local Children's Museum to celebrate NYE with a balloon and confetti drop at noon. So much fun! All of the kiddos were cheering and laughing. Love the innocence of children. 

This weeks Monday inspiration is a remodel for our home. Our goal this year is to remodel and update a part of our home every three months starting with our bedroom. It is currently a lovely {read: horrid} lime green color with no matching furniture and disorganized beyond... well, its just bad. Its basically how it was before I met the hubbs. 

Yeah, bad. Oh and nevermind all of those clothes and messy bed and... stuff. The color really is more brilliant than what the photo shows, but I am wanting something more light, airy... clean. After browsing around the web and Pinterest for what I like I found some great grey and yellow inspirations. For Christmas, Richard bought us new sheets from Target after seeing some of my bedroom inspiration pins.  

I love them! They will be perfect in the new bedroom. This week we are going out and getting paint. I would like to paint the walls a light grey to keep the room open and full of light. We have a huge slider out to our back patio so our room gets tons of light during the day. We will also be slowly selecting new furniture and repainting the dresser a buttery yellow then antique it since it is such a nice and heavy piece. 
Here are some inspirations for our room

Via
Via

Via

As you can see, we have a long way to go, but our goal this month is to get the wall painted and the headboard made and put up. Then we will start on the furniture in February and finish the touches off in March. Absolutely cannot wait to get this started!!

What is/are your inspirations this week? 
PostSig

Pin It!

9 comments:

  1. Gorgeous colors:)

    Just dropping in from the Hop to meet you and am now following via GFC:)

    If you get a chance drop by, I co-host an awesome hop "Let's Get Social Sunday" where you can link up all your social sites (and your blog) to meet new friends and gain more followers:)

    http://myturn-evelyn.blogspot.com/2012/12/lets-get-social-sunday-1_30.html

    Hope to see you there, and Hope you have a Very Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I will definitely check that blog hop out! Happy new Year!

      Delete
  2. I Love the colours in this post!

    New follower from the GFC Blog hop.

    http://youngmumsguidetosurvival.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the yellow and gray! I've seen that love headboard on pinterest and have "plans" to do that in my guest bedroom! Thanks for linking up at the GFC Blog Hop! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Theres just something so soothing and calming about the yellow and grey. The bedroom is my retreat - I want to retreat to a cool, relaxing place! Unsure on what exactly we are doing with the headboard, but definitely something handmade and light. XO

      Delete
  4. Loving the yellow and grey. AND your blog, as always!

    xoxo,
    samm @ thenakedmanual.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year! Heading to your blog NOW.... :) XO

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! I try to get back to everyone who leaves me some love, too. May take a while, but I'll get to it! XO